Project Eligibility Criteria
Before submitting an application to the GenYYC Legacy Projects Grant, please ensure your project meets the following eligibility criteria:
- Project proposals must be developed in partnership with a GenYYC participant(s). A GenYYC participant(s) must champion the project and be involved in developing the proposal. They must be directly involved in the execution of the project and the proposal must describe in detail the options for how other GenYYC participants can contribute and participate.
- Projects must involve a qualified donee as outlined by Calgary Foundation’s GenYYC Guide to Granting. Only a qualified donee can receive a GenYYC Legacy Project Grant.
Download Guide to Granting
- Qualified Donees directly connected to GenYYC, (i.e. a staff member of a charity is a GenYYC participant), will be eligible to submit a project proposal for the GenYYC Legacy Project Grants. However, the GenYYC participant directly connected to the qualified donee will be ineligible to participate in the decision-making process.
- All projects must be executed, and all funds awarded must be spent on or before December 31 of the year after the grant was awarded. For example, projects funded in November 2018 must be completed and funds used on or before December 31, 2019
Information to be included in your project proposal
- Overview of your project – including key project activities, dates, timelines etc.
- How will the project engage GenYYC members and support tangible, grassroots action in community?
- Who else (people and organizations) will be involved in your project?
- How will your project impact the community and/or organizations involved?
- How will the project support the mandate and purpose of GenYYC?
- How will you promote the project to:
- Generate awareness about your project?
- High light the issue in community it intends to address, and?
- Generate awareness of the GenYYC program?
- Describe anything else you would like us to know about your project
- How did you hear about the GenYYC Legacy Projects Grant
Projects will be judged on the following criteria:
- Viability and feasibility of the project – overall feeling that the project can be completed on time and on budget based on the level of detail outlined in the proposal
- Alignment to the GenYYC program Mandate & Purpose
- Alignment to the GenYYC program Core Values
- Ability of the project to include active participation by GenYYC members as outlined in the pitch presentation and proposal
- Ability of the project to build collaborations and partnerships between the for-profit and non-profit sectors
- The “permanency potential” of the project – is this a project that will have a lasting impact and will be forever visible in community.
- All projects funded will be required to submit a final report to GenYYC within 6 months of the project completion date (either December 31 of the year following the issue of the grant or the date the project is finished – whichever comes first).