Who is it for?
GenYYC is a platform for Calgarians aged approximately 25-40 years old.
Participants come from diverse backgrounds. We encourage and support participation across genders, ethnicities, abilities, professional backgrounds, etc. We strive to ensure all voices are at the table.
What’s it all about?
GenYYC is a two-year immersive learning experience.
A largely self-directed program, GenYYC participants are responsible for curating program content. The leadership experience is gained by actively working to co-create the program with other participants. We subscribe to a “fail forward” mentality and encourage participants to bring their own ideas and perspectives to the conversation.
What can I expect?
- Strengthen leadership, project management, public speaking and governance skills.
- Explore new ways that the for-profit and non-profit sectors can work collaboratively to create sustainable community impact and lasting change.
- Build strong and diverse networks across diverse communities.
- Two-year program (January to December)
- Approximately 20 events planned throughout the year
- Approximately 3-10 hours/month
- Annual $1000 participation fee (fee assistance available)
Interested in learning more about the program? We offer information sessions for groups, at your convenience. Or tune into one of our Information Webinars. You can also Contact us to plan one for your organization or community network.